Monday, October 3, 2011

Back To The Kitchen

This weekend was very exciting for me--we finally have our new cabinets up! Our kitchen looks like a kitchen again, only new and improved. And for those of you who thought I couldn't talk any more about my kitchen, we'll have a week's worth of posts about my kitchen.

The whole reason for starting the kitchen project was my obsession with HGTV. I was watching an episode of Dear Genevive, and someone said something that I completely related to: I hate this room so much, I don't even want to be in here.

That is NOT how you should feel about a room in your house, but especially the kitchen (particularly if you don't really love cooking, doing the dishes, etc. to begin with). To me, our kitchen never felt like it made sense. I could not get the current cabinet arrangement to work with the way I felt things should be. It was dark and gloomy and I would glare at the cabinets because they were so ugly. The layout did not work with my chaotic style of cooking. And we didn't have enough counterspace.

So, armed with confidence from HGTV, I convinced Nathan to spend the weekend working on the kitchen. It would be so easy, we'd be done that weekend or at least that week. Or so I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment