Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Love

Today is a dreary, dreary day, and I have to admit that Daylight Saving Time put me in such a good mood, I don't even mind. It's the perfect kind of day to drink hot chocolate and curl up with a well-loved book. Shelby on the other hand is having a very hard time adjusting to the time change and keeps trying to get us up early.

I am also loving that we finally have fall because I excitedly pulled out my winter clothes! I had worked on updating my wardrobe last year to have more work and home friendly items that didn't scream college student, and this year I realized that most of my sweaters had seen better days. So I decided to go out shopping.

Last weekend I found some great deals at Ann Taylor Loft--all sale things were 50%, so most of the things I got were $20, including some super comfy cardigans. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I already had at least two black and gray cardigans, but they do go with everything. I also found some super comfy sweaters at Target as well a $10 tall black boots. Then yesterday I got a sweater cape. Sweater capes fall into the category of "trends I questioned until I gave in and now can't imagine life without them" like tall boots and skinny jeans. I have been wearing it around the house all day and it is like wearing a blanket. Plus it makes me feel like an old-fashioned book character. Or Sherlock Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment