Monday, August 15, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

Since I've started working part-time, I've found that my perception on Mondays has changed. Maybe it's because generally I'm not as busy on Mondays or because I'm getting back to my normal routine, but I have found that I actually look forward to the start of another week. This week was the exception, however, because this Monday means I have to get back home from a fabulous vacation. Our destination of choice? Bloomington, Indiana.

That's right--my cousin Phil was getting married and so we all met in Bloomington to help him celebrate! Thursday night we flew into Indianapolis to meet the rest of my family. My sister Stephanie was on our Chicago flight, so we got some more time with her, and then we met my mom and brother Joe at the airport. My dad had held down the fort at the hotel, so we had a big reunion in the parking lot.

The next morning we drove into Bloomington for a golf scramble. I am not so much a golfer, but Nathan was very good in high school, so he played, as did my dad, Joe, Stephanie, and most of my cousins. So my cousin Carrie drove me around in the golf card for the first nine holes. We had a bbq and then a really fun rehearsal dinner with disco dancing.

Saturday was the wedding day, but we had some time in the morning to drive to IU to check out the campus, as it is one of our new Big 10 rivals. I have to point out how wonderful everyone at IU was. As my dad said, we ran into three people on our self-tour. The first asked us if we needed directions and then gave us recommendations for lunch. The second offered to take a photo of the four of us. And the third gave us some history of the campus and then drove back around to find us and give us a magazine. We also had lots of people tell us that they all expected Nebraska to take the Big 10. :)

After some cocktails and time at the pool, we headed over to the golf course for the "10th tee ceremony." It was a beautiful ceremony, with so much personality. And all of the details were so pretty. The colors were orange and dark blue, and Kate had a gorgeous short dress. The centerpieces were cool--oranges and blue ribbons and orange roses and lilies--and there were really fun touches, like trivia cootie catchers and cupcake flavor labels. On top of all the pretty details, it was awesomely fun. Great music, great company, and great food. We had a blast.

Of course, on Sunday we had to head home. We were lucky in that all but one of our flights was on time, so we made it home about when we were supposed to. We also had a night without Shelby because we couldn't get back in time to get her from the kennel. She is back though, recovering from her time at the dog motel.

Tomorrow, I'll show off some pictures of our trip. Now, I have to get back to unpacking and recovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment