Monday, January 28, 2013

When In Jersey...

Well, as I said in my last post, we had only planned one trip for 2013, and that was for Chicago in March. But of course, right after I said something about it, my mom called and asked if I wanted to come out and hang out with her while my dad was out of town. So that's how I ended up in New Jersey for a week.

We had a lot of fun. Unlike our previous trip, where we spent more time in NYC than at home, we just stayed put and explored New Jersey. By that, I mean, we did a lot of shopping. We went to the mall. We went to Morristown. We went to Ikea. We went to another mall. (Of all of this, the time we spent in Ikea is kind of unbelievable. I love that tiny house. And half of our trip was spent in the storage boxes area. Wait until you see what I got.)

We also spent a lot of time doing random things. Like seashell organzing. (Yes that's a thing.) And movie watching. (I finally saw "The Vow" and kind of loved it a lot.) And baby-sitting. Wine drinking (and spilling). Lots of walking around my parents' awesome neighborhood. We also had strange encounters with store employees, particularly the owner of a vintage clothing store. We had tiny delicious cupcakes from the shop next to the paper store. (Loved the paper store and my new Kate Spade pencils.)

And now, back to real life. Which might include some more blogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment