Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer's End

It may not be true, but it feels like summer is basically over. Today is August 1, and on top of that, I saw kids around the schools this morning while Shelby and I were out taking a walk. Soon, we will have all sorts of traffic, Shelby will spend every afternoon barking at kids, and, oh ya, the relaxed mentality I've been loving since summer started will turn into productivity. (I hope.) Hopefully the weather will at least cool down a little if we have to let go of summer.

Even though I'm not in school, I still think of summer as break (in case you couldn't tell by the lack of my posting). I've been working, of course, because you can't really get a break from work for the summer unless you're a teacher or have another really cool job. But I've also been reading, watching the TV shows that are so ridiculous they have to be shown in the summer (or just the really good cable ones that I'm behind on thanks to not having cable), starting random projects, trying to help out with the garden, and traveling.

I'll be sure to catch you up on all of the happenings soon, especially on the books I've been reading and the projects I haven't necessarily been completing.

No comments:

Post a Comment