Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Review: Heaven Is Here

Book: Heaven Is Here, by Stephanie Nielson

One of my favorite bloggers mentioned that she had been reading Heaven Is Here and loved it, and since I generally love everything she posts, I decided to check it out when I found it at the library. I decided to do a review for this book this week, with Thanksgiving coming up on Thursday, because it's about being thankful, not just for the life you have, but the experiences that have brought you there. Nielson is also a blogger, and blogged about her everyday life. In 2008, she was in a plane crash, and the book is the story of her life before the crash and her life since: her recovery. Her story is a powerful one, and while it ends well, she discusses her struggles, too, and how she found the faith necessary to go on. I spent several nights bawling my eyes out while reading this book, but they were mostly happy tears, happy tears for her and the life she is getting back, even though it is changed. I love how the story is also about appreciating the joys in everyday life and being grateful for those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment