Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Fancies

*Last night, Shelby and I watched The September Issue, which is a documentary about putting together the September issue of Vogue. Very interesting, from a journalism standpoint and a fashion standpoint and also lets you get to know some of the people behind the publication. It makes you think about the role fashion plays in our culture, how celebrities fit into the fashion world, and how influential Vogue is on this world. And, I love watching them put the magazine together--I think every newsroom should be like Vogue!

*Speaking of celebrities, The New York Times had some great articles about Natalie Portman and James Franco this week, but not necessarily related to the Oscars or even acting; instead, it looks at their successes in education. I think it's so encouraging to young girls out there to have such a prominent woman in Hollywood also be so prominent in science. And even better, there are other actresses, too.

*An interesting development in regard to borrowing ebooks. I imagine there will be lots of discussion surrounding this topic as eReaders become more and more popular.

*Today is National Grammar Day! Check out Grammar Girl's Web site for some ideas on how to have fun with Grammar today.

*One of my favorite shows comes to an end Monday: Greek. I wish ABC Family shows were like football games, so I could go to a bar and watch it since we don't have cable. But instead, I'm going to have to stay off facebook and just watch it bright and early on Monday.

*Leah and I are going to book club tomorrow, thanks to my favorite blog, A Practical Wedding. I think it will be a great opportunity to get to know some women in Lincoln and talk about marriage and relationships and drink and eat.

*I'm currently working on a few new projects for the etsy store. I'm finishing up a baby calendar and looking for blocks of wood for my doorknob bookends. I'll let you know when those are in the shop.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment