Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Living A Beach Boys Song

When we got back from Europe, I was talking to my friend Lisa about how freeing it is to not be able to use your phone or the Internet. It was honestly the most relaxed I'd been in a long time. She told me that it would be essentially the same thing if I just tried to give up both for a weekend. But I know that I couldn't do it. Even when I try to just leave my phone at home on an errand, or turn my computer off for a weekend, I feel like something is missing.

This past week, I told you all I was unplugged. And I was, because I had to be: My phone didn't work in the Bahamas. And let me tell you, the Bahamas are relaxing, but to have a vacation from my phone was just amazing. Even though I missed being able to talk to friends and family members I'm constantly in contact with, it was nice to truly be able to get away from everything for a little while.

And of course, the 80-degree sunny weather was a little taste of heaven for me after a long, cold winter. We laid by the pool, went snorkeling, and went to the beach. There was delicious food, 2-for-1 martinis, and champagne. And lots and lots of time to read.

So, come back and visit me this week now that I'm back, and you'll find out all about our trip and get some (lots!) of book recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment