Monday, July 18, 2011

Our Wedding: The Proposal

Last week, I found out that the post I wrote for one of my favorite blogs, A Practical Wedding, should run sometime this week! So, because I've always intended to write about our wedding on the blog, I'll take the opportunity this week to go all wedding on you.

To start out the week, let's go with the proposal. I wrote this for our wedding Web site back when it happened--almost two years ago now.

My sister Stephanie came to visit in March and told Nathan that my ideal proposal was on a beach at sunset, with dolphins in the background and antique champagne glasses that had been sanitized and champagne to celebrate. Nathan tried to recreate this with some Lincoln style. He proposed at sunset on 09-08-09 in front of a koi pond (that had a golden fish--much better than a dolphin, because we had looked for it on our first date). He had an iPod playing the first song we danced to playing and had an amazing speech prepared. As he went to bring out the picnic basket (strategically placed by Kaitlyn) before he got on one knee, we noticed that a small child named Elisha had been digging through it. The dad noticed, grabbed him, and made a quick exit. Nathan got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and I said yes! We had antique champagne glasses (thoroughly washed) and Korbel champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment