Thursday, September 8, 2011

TV: More Women Watch, Less Women Write

As soon as next week, some of my shows will start the new season (though of course, the ones I'm most excited for start last) and I have also carefully selected some new shows to watch. Last year, I didn't really add any new shows and cut down on the shows I watched. This year, I only had a few shows canceled, but I'm very interested in many of the new premieres.

Today, I found an article on my facebook news feed about how the number women television writers is going down, and I thought it was a very interesting read. I just finished listening to Tina Fey's autobiography (if she reads the audio book, too, is it an auto-audio autobiography?) and loved it. She is hilarious, and I loved learning more about her personal life and how she got to where she is today, but even more so, I loved her discussion on what it means to be a woman, as a boss, a wife, a mother, a writer, a comedian, etc. and how all of these "roles" fit together. The article also addresses some of the obstacles Tina Fey overcame, which she talks about in great detail. I hope you'll check them both out!

No comments:

Post a Comment