Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oscar Week: The Descendants

Movie: The Descendants
Book: The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings
Nominations: Actor In a Leading Role, Best Picture, Directing, Film Editing, Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

My Thoughts: This was the only book/movie I was not familiar with before starting it. It felt very different from the other books I’ve talked about so far, mainly because of the way it was written. It was not as descriptive and definitely focused more on the characters than the story. The main character, Matt, must deal with the circumstances surrounding his wife’s coma, and help his children deal with it, as well. The emotions make up a huge part of the story, especially since every character deals with this experience in a different way. Things become even more complicated, but I don’t want to give anything away. I would be interested in seeing what the movie adaptation would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment