Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lauran's Holidays

"Every Christmas is better than the Christmas before . . .
I guess it must be because I am growing up."
-Laura Ingalls Wilder, "By The Shores Of Silver Lake"
As usual, Laura speaks the truth, and in my opinion, she is one of the best Christmas writers there is. Each of her books features a Christmas story that I can relate to, even though we are generations apart. For example, in "Little House In The Big Woods," she gets her doll, Charlotte, for Christmas, and she is most treasured. I'm sure everyone remembers the excitement of Christmas morning and getting something that they most wanted, or means the most to them. As she grows up, she spends Christmases with families and friends, and welcomes Almanzo to the family in "These Happy Golden Years" when they celebrate their first Christmas together, as Nathan and I did last year. And in "The First Four Years," we see the two of them creating holiday traditions and celebrating together, just as Nathan and I will do this year and in the years to come. Be sure to check back this week as I reflect on my favorite Christmas memories, our Christmas this year, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment