Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry, Merry

It’s Christmas Eve Eve, and I’m home from work taking care of Shelby after she got spayed yesterday. She was very tired yesterday, but seems to be back to her normal self today.

Before I take a holiday break, I wanted to share some of my favorite Christmas traditions. Growing up, I had many good Christmases with friends and family. On the Christmases we’ve spent at home, we wake up early to find presents in Santa wrapping paper, and as we got older codes to figure out. We’d have breakfast and open more presents and spend the day doing whatever. Sometimes we’d go to movies, or spend time with family or neighbors.

We’ve also spent Christmases away from home, in Key West and Nebraska.  We’d have Cuban food and enjoy the nice weather and spend time with family. A couple years ago I spent Christmas with my grandma in Ogallala. It was the two of us and it was so good to spend time with her when I was older. We talked and went to a movie and spent valuable time together.

This year, Nathan and I are celebrating Christmas Eve by having breakfast with a friend and going to church. We’ll have Cuban food and open presents. On Christmas we’ll be going over to Nathan’s grandma with Shelby and maybe catch a movie.
I wanted to make sure our first Christmas was special, and that we’d take the time to start traditions that we’d have together. But then I realized, after thinking back on my favorite memories, that it’s not about having the same traditions every year, but being together. So our first Christmas will be memorable no matter what.

I wish you and your family the same—that you have a holiday full of love and making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment