Monday, June 20, 2011

Driving Down Memory Lane

Last Thursday, I had a work meeting clear out south, which basically meant I had to drive from one end of Lincoln to the other. (Luckily, this was an endeavor that was less than a half an hour, but still.) Now, it used to be that I lived clear out south--in fact, about three years ago this week, we were moving into our duplex. I drove home using the route that I used to take to work every morning, and it reminded me of all the wonderful times I had in my "bachelorette pad."

Kaitlyn, Kelsey, and I lived in our duplex for almost two years, until last June when I moved in with Nathan, Kelsey bought a house, and Kaitlyn got ready to move to Dallas. I had just started at Sandhills, and my first paid holiday was the Fourth of July. So of course we had a party, and it was the party to which all parties will be compared to. It started in early afternoon and went into the morning, with fireworks, food, and cocktails. We lit of fireworks in the field behind the duplex and took over our neighbors lawn, because it appeared as though they weren't home. And it was so fun.

We had other parties, too, for St. Patrick's Day and birthdays, and we had fun without a party, too: Making dinner and watching TV, getting ready to go out together, "family" dinner, playing games, watching movies, and just hanging out.

I thought about all of this on my drive back to work, my new work, and thought about how much has changed since then. But what hasn't changed is that we're all still friends, even if we're no longer roommates.

Speaking of roommates, I was really bad and let Shelby up on our bed with me Saturday night, because Nathan was in Seward and she just looked so lonely down on the floor. I thought it would be fine because the bed is so tall, there's no way she'd be able to get in there herself. Wrong. Last night, she just all of a sudden appeared, and it was a suprise to all three of us. Needless to say, she was taken off after we stopped laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment