Monday, June 13, 2011

An Update

I just put a loaf of banana bread in the oven, and here's why: I finally went to the grocery store and made a week's worth (plus, after going Trader Joe's crazy) of meal planning and needed to get at least some of the gazillion bananas I have stored in the freezer OUT. And it's an icky day, and that's what you should do on icky days

After weeks of having a mud pit where a driveway used to be, we finally got a poured foundation last week, and today they managed to get the garage half-done basically. And they are still working. Now that we're back on schedule, hopefully everything will be back to normal-ish, soon. By that, I mean maybe Shelby will actually use our yard to go potty, rather than everyone else's.

We've been gone the past two weekends--we were in Denver the weekend of the fifth for my mom's birthday and had such a fun time. Then last weekend, we were in Gothenburg, Nebraska, visiting my friend Helen. Or, as we were saying on the drive, we were taking Shelby to the farm.

On top of all of that, of course I've been working like crazy (for me, anyway) and trying to get back on track with the house, the blog, etsy (which definitely needs to be a priority), etc. And this week is perfect for that.

And of course, because I've been doing so much living, there's lots to blog about. So hopefully I'll have lots of exciting posts for you in the next few weeks. Maybe even some with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment