Friday, June 8, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo: Setting Up Camp

Word Count as of 6/8/12: 1,732

If you look at my word count and how much I'm technically supposed to be writing every day, I'm technically not doing super great at Camp NaNoWriMo. But, in Whitney-land, which is what matters, I'm very happy with those 1,732 words.

I am hoping that doing Camp NaNoWriMo gets me in the habit of writing. While it would be awesome if I could actually get the 50,000 words, I will be happy with any amount of words I have, because that's more than I had before. And as much as I try to convince myself, I know that my personality is not one that can just write. Oh no. Of course there has to be overthinking.

The first few days of Camp NaNoWriMo, I was writing every day. Not so much for the end of the week, because I'm kind of bored of my book. I know, not a good sign. But I am hoping that taking some time to get re-energized will bring new perspective and new ideas.

I have set up my computer in the dining room, and I love it. I feel like it's a vacation away from my desk, with pretty flowers from my friend Helen still thriving, and Shelby lying nearby, keeping an eye on me. I've also been out to a camp social with my friend Laura, and we got . . .  some . . . writing done. But a lot of fun was had by all.

Overall, I know I need to do a lot more writing this weekend and early this week, before I have my gum graft on Thursday. Hopefully I won't be out of commission long afterward. But no matter what my count is, I'm still happy with my progress.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this -- any amount of writing, whether it is 500 or 50,000 words, is better than no writing at all. Hope to see you at the camp social Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete