Monday, June 4, 2012

Florida Sunshine

Over Memorial Day weekend, Nathan and I took a trip with my family down to Key West to visit my aunt and uncle. We had a fabulous time and really enjoyed getting the chance to relax and take a break from real life.

Some of our vacation highlights, other than spending time with family:
  • CUBAN FOOD (that's, as always, my No. 1 thing, though tapas comes in at a close second now.)
  • Parasailing, snorkeling and jetskiing
  • Sunset at Mallory Pier and the cat guy
  • Shopping on Duval Street
  • Sloppy Joe's
  • Nerd Day, which included visits to the Hemingway house, lighthouse museum, Truman house, Audobon house, and the Custom House. Yes, many houses.
  • Sunset cruise, where we saw the green flash (we think) and drank (maybe too much) champagne
  • Enjoying time out on the water and by the pool
  • Late-night chats and glasses of wine
And because our travel days were so long, I got a lot of reading in, so Wednesday will have several mini book reviews about my vacation reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment