Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Fancies: February 8

It has been a long time since we've done a Friday Fancies, even though it's my favorite kind of post--a collection of interesting-to-me things I've read/watched/found this week that didn't quite fit into the blog as a full post.

-The season premiere of "SMASH" was Tuesday and I kind of loved it. And here's a random observation for you. When Karen signed her Playbill from new-character-whose-name-I-can't-remember's (oh wait! Kyle? But I already had that all typed out.) collection of failed plays, I noticed it was in color. When we were in NYC, we went to a preview (Dead Accounts, starring Katie Holmes) and got a Playbill that was printed in color. We learned from a woman there that they are printed in color for previews, but then in black-and-white once it's not in preview anymore. See?


Did you also see that it's autographed? We went back to the stage door to see the actors, and got a quick glimpse of Katie Holmes as she dashed to the car. But back to SMASH now. Also while we were in NYC, we saw an announcement that SMASH filmed where we were a few days before. I took a picture of it but it was much too fuzzy to post.

-Other TV randoms: This week I noticed that two of my favorite shows made an appearance on new shows. On Monday's episode of "How I Met Your Mother," Bob Saget and Dave Coulier made a little "Full House" reference, in an episode with Robin Sparkles that I seriously loved. Then, Tuesday's episode of "Raising Hope" had Jimmy and Christine from "Yes, Dear," as well as the studio boss guy, and they made references to their kids. Loved "Yes, Dear" and thought the reference was very fun.

-I was very relieved to see that my favorite Monopoly piece will not be retired: the thimble. Instead, the iron will be replaced with a cat, thanks to fan votes. Of course, iron manufacturers had something to say about it.

-Not sure why, other than maybe because it makes me feel better about the fact my library books are hardly more than a few days late, but I love stories like this about library books being returned years later.

-This really bothers me. So NOT Anne.

1 comment:

  1. The quilting community was also in uproar about the loss of the iron, but I imagine they will recover in time. ;)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete