Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013: Recap

Some random thoughts from last night's Oscars as written down on the back of my picks. (Of which, I got 11/24. That is pretty good for me.)

--I loved that the guy who accepted the award for "Brave" was wearing a kilt.
--Playing the "Jaws" theme to get people off of the stage was hilarious.
--Has there ever been a tie before? History in the making.
--The "Sound of Music" bit before Christopher Plummer came on stage.
--The "Sound of Music" bit before Christopher Plummer came on stage. (Yes, I will list it twice because it was the highlight for me.)
--The Academy museum sounds pretty cool.
--Loved the quote from Nora Ephron in the memorial montage: "The hardest thing about writing is writing."
--Daniel Day-Lewis had a great acceptance speech.
--Jennifer Lawrence is pretty awesome.
--Michelle Obama presenting best picture.
--Ben Affleck. (Written in all caps)

Also:
--I love Anne Hathaway's hair. Did not love the dress but the back was neat.
--We played Oscar bingo with cards from How About Orange, and it was super fun.
--Seth MacFarlane was not as bad as he could have been. He had some funny moments and also some really questionable jokes, but overall, I was surprised that is wasn't the worst hosting I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment