Monday, February 18, 2013

Oscars Week 2013: The Nominees & Other Fancies


The Oscars are less than a week away, and I can hardly wait. So this week, I'll not only be talking about the movies, but the books behind some of the nominated films. If you need a primer on what's been nominated this year, here they are.

If you're anything like me, you're probably going to get distracted on that site for a while. My favorites:

Oscar Love Letters. "Gone With the Wind" and "The Sound of Music" in the same place? Yes.
Best Picture Oscar Statues. Love trying to guess what movie each statue represents.
Historical Timeline. Not only is it fun to go back in time, but I love that I can take the timeframe of my novel (1950s-1960s) and see what kind of movies and celebrities would be shaping pop culture then.
Oscar Questionnaires. It's not only fun to read the answers, but see who handwrote vs. typed and who had much to say and who didn't.

Now, that should hold you over for today. Be sure to check back tomorrow for my first Oscar book review.


No comments:

Post a Comment