Monday, November 8, 2010

Bucket List: Donate To Locks Of Love

I’ve always been a list keeper, and I have a list of things I want to do before I die. The No. 1 thing on that list was milk a cow, which I did at the Colorado State Fair my junior year of high school.

I’ve also always wanted to visit the homes of Laura Ingalls Wilder, and last year, Nathan took me to De Smet, South Dakota, where Laura was married and was the final stop for the Ingalls family.
I’ve also always wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love, but never wanted to have it long enough to make it happen. I really do not do well with long hair, and my hair hasn’t been long really since freshman year of college when I didn’t have a hair stylist. After I did, it was gone quickly.

But after I got engaged, I started growing my hair out for the wedding. After the wedding, I waited to cut it until it was long enough. This meant that I wore a lot of ponytails, because if it was down, I played with it all of the time, much to the annoyance of my family and friends.


Picture
And this weekend, I got it cut. It was 10 inches, and I really didn’t feel sad about it. Even when the braid was sitting on the counter, I just felt glad to have it gone. And here is the end result.


Picture

My hair dresser is amazing, and she is also growing her hair out for Locks of Love. She really does work magic on my hair, which is generally uncooperative when it comes to anything other than just being straight. I was worried that Shelby wouldn't recognize me, but she did. And Nathan really likes it a lot, too.

For more information on Locks of Love, visit their Web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment