Thursday, April 14, 2011

Living Room: South Wall

Today is the last day you'll see the paint job on the living room, and I have to warn you, I saved the least exciting wall for last. All we have is . . . a loveseat.
Picture
But while this wall is boring now, it's also a blank canvas. I'm currently working on framing some wedding photos and making a family tree of sorts.

Let me just tell you, the loveseat was my favorite craigslist find. I stumbled across it early enough in the day that there was no way anyone else had contacted the poster about it. Wrong. I was heartbroken (also, over-dramatic) but she said if the other person didn't want it, we could be next. And the stars aligned just right and the person who had the coveted first spot in line had wanted something that folded out into a bed, so we got it. I think we paid less than $50 for it and drove it home in the Matrix, which is a bigger car than it appears to be.

We plan to re-cover the existing cushions in a dark brown to match the chairs, and it's a good thing this was my plan all along, because I somehow managed to get paint on one of them. And when I went to flip it over, I discovered red paint on the other side, I'm assuming from the previous owners. Luckily, I won the sewing machine game yesterday and might actually be able to accomplish this project now. And I discovered a very gratifying hobby. But that's a post for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment