Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Easter Company

We had some special visitors this Easter weekend. My parents came to us, and their dog, Macie, came to see Shelby.

Macie is a newfoundland puppy who is not quite a year older than Shelby. They met previously at Macie's house in January, back when Shelby was not quite so fond of playing/seeing/being within 50 feet of another dog. But now, she was quite happy to have a playmate, even one that was much larger than she was. They played and played and played.
Picture
Shelby also loved giving Macie kisses. Though we couldn't tell if she was kissing Macie or using Macie as her personal water fountain.
Picture
It was a very quick trip, so we fit a lot of stuff in just a couple of days.  We went over to see my mom's great-uncle and her cousins when she got in Friday afternoon, leaving my dad with the dogs. We had pizza and watched "The Fighter," because so many people had told my mom how good it was. And the dogs played.

Saturday morning, we went over to the nursery and picked out Nathan's Easter/birthday/our anniversary present, which were three hydrangea bushes and two other bushes. While Nathan planted those, my mom and I went to JoAnn's to get supplies for the baby present we made for my friend Meagan, who is due in June. We worked on that, and the dogs did this.
Picture
A trip to Lincoln wouldn't be complete without a visit to campus, so we loaded the dogs in the car and drove down. My cousin Jeff came with us as we explored, and the dogs (scandalously) got to be off their leashes and wander around.

We went out to dinner that night at Dish, which is probably my new favorite restaurant in town. It was a great location, delicious food, and great company. I had the salmon, and we had creme brulee for dessert, wine and chocolate martinis, and scallops.

Sunday, we had to say goodbye. We had Easter breakfast at Burger King after packing up the car. We all miss them still.

P.S. Sorry for the bad pictures. I only used my phone to take them, so they aren't the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment