Tuesday, May 3, 2011

National Children's Book Week: Preschool Books

Even though I was almost too young to remember anything as a preschooler, I do remember (and treasure) the books that were read to me. And as a former preschool employee, I appreciate a certain kind of preschool book--one that doesn't make noise, is entertaining for grownups also, and doesn't get too old when you read it every day. Here are some word fancies favorites.
Picture
Reading with my sister.
The Books My Mom Read The Most Often
Sheep In A Jeep, Nancy E. Shaw
We're Going On A Bear Hunt, Michael Rosen
Carl Books, Alexandra Day
Moo Moo La La La, Sandra Boynton
Jesse Bear Books, Nancy White Carlstrom (Joe's Favorite)
The Napping House, Audrey Wood (Stephanie's Favorite)

The Books I Remember Loving Most
Hattie & The Wild Waves, Barbara Cooney
Angelina Ballerina, Katherine Holabird
Where The Sidewalk Ends, Shel Silverstein
Linnea In Monet's Garden, Christina Bjork and Lena Anderson (below, a picture with Linnea, who used to go everywhere with me and still has a special place in my heart and home.In the picture, Linnea is wearing a dress I made, with help from my mom, of course.)
Little Rabbit's Loose Tooth, Lucy Bate

Other Essential Classics
Goodnight Moon, Margaret Wise Brown
The Runaway Bunny, Margaret Wise Brown
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Bill Martin Jr.
It Looked Like Spilt Milk, Charles G. Shaw
If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, Laura Joffe Numeroff
Curious George, H. A. Rey

What books do you remember most?

No comments:

Post a Comment