Thursday, March 28, 2013

Writing Update: March

I am very happy to announce that my book is now more than 30,000 words. It's not quite halfway, but moer than I've ever written for this book or any other book, which is very exciting.

I have to admit that I did think I would be further in word count after my initial momentum, but it definitely slowed down, which surprised me as I started incorporating some of what I had written back during NaNoWriMo in November.

I have learned that my story is still evolving, and the way I am writing it is evolving, too. Thanks to a suggestion from my friend Kaitlyn, I'm writing the two stories completely and then incorporating them together, which will then let me decide how to incorporate them better.

So, with about 50,000 words left to write by May 1, I will be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo again, hopefully more successfully than last year. The timing is much more ideal and with my goal to write that anyway, I feel like I'll be much more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment